TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE CAPSTONE REWARDS PROGRAM
These Terms and Conditions (this “Agreement”) govern the Capstone Rewards Program (collectively, the “Program”). The Program is a loyalty program brought to you by Capstone Publishers (“Capstone,” “we” or “us”). Any enrollment or use of a Membership in the Program subjects the user (“you”) to the provisions of this Agreement. By enrolling in the Program, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set forth in this Agreement.
Changes to this Agreement and the Program
- Capstone has the right to terminate the Capstone Rewards program at any time.
- Capstone may change the Capstone Rewards program rules, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation or point levels for awards, in whole or in part, at any time without notice, even though changes may affect the value of the points already accumulated. Capstone may change or terminate program partners, withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any award, increase the point total required for any award or modify or regulate the transferability of awards or benefits. Capstone has the final say as to whether a purchase qualifies for Capstone Rewards points.
- Any change shall take effect immediately, unless otherwise provided. You may view the current version of this Agreement at any time online at www.capstonerewards.com or by calling us at 888-517-8976.
- The Program is open to any individual (A) with a valid email address, B) with a valid mailing address and (C) residing in a jurisdiction that has not prohibited participation in points or loyalty programs similar to the Program. Legal entities or associations (e.g., corporations, limited liability companies or partnerships) cannot enroll as a Member.
- We will not grant you with retroactive credit or points for purchases made prior to enrollment in the Program.
- Each Hardcover title ordered from Capstone and their collective imprints (Capstone Press, Compass Point Books, Heinemann-Raintree, Picture Window Books and Stone Arch Books) is eligible for 75 Capstone Rewards points. Each Paperback title ordered is eligible for 25 points. Certain Capstone Digital purchases will earn points equivalent to 5% of the purchase price.
- Each point awarded under the Program will be redeemed as $.01 (USD) toward future Capstone purchases. We may, without notice to you, change the minimum amount of points required to affect any redemption.
- Points will expire 5 years from the date of award. If no point amount is posted to your account for a period of 3 consecutive years, we may terminate your Program Membership, and you will forfeit all accrued points. You are responsible for paying all applicable taxes, fees, and surcharges for products purchased upon redemption of points.
- Points have no monetary value, and may not be redeemed for cash.
- The sale, purchase, brokerage, resale, barter or exchange of points for compensation is expressly prohibited.
- All points must be earned and redeemed according to this Agreement. We will make all final determinations of whether redemption of points complies with this Agreement.
- Abuse of the Program (e.g., failure to follow Program policies and procedures, sale or barter of award redemptions, or misrepresentation of facts relating thereto) or other improper conduct relating to the Program, in our sole discretion, may result in cancellation of your account, forfeiture of accrued points, and disqualification from future Program participation.
Validity and Promotions
- In our sole discretion, we may offer discounts and benefits or make special promotional offers to certain Members based on their activity level, geographic location, Program participation, information supplied by the Member, or other criteria we establish from time to time. We may change or terminate any special promotional or discount offers, or other benefits we offer, without notice to you.
- From time to time, we may use your data to bring you relevant and valuable promotional and discount offers. If you do not wish to receive such offers, please contact us at 888-517-8976.
Cancellation and Termination
- You have the right to cancel your Membership at any time. Because points are not redeemable for cash, you will not be entitled to any payment from us upon cancellation. You may cancel your Membership by contacting us at 888-517-8976.
- In our sole discretion, we may terminate your Membership, including your account, without notice, for any reason, including without limitation our belief that any continued use of such Membership would violate any provisions of this Agreement, applicable law or otherwise be harmful to our interests.
- In our sole discretion, we may at any time and from time to time terminate, suspend, modify or change any or all of the benefits available under the Program or other terms associated with the Program, with or without notice.
- When you enroll in the Program, we collect the following information from you: name, school, address, email address, school phone and personal PIN. If you choose to have any/all correspondence sent to an alternate location, we will also collect that address and alternate phone number (collectively, the “personal information”). We use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to targeted marketing. We do not collect credit card information or other personal financial information.
- We protect your personal information by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology security standards supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 and higher, along with other popular browsers, before any such information travels over the internet.
- We do not sell or trade your personal information to third parties, and we have no intention of doing so in the future. We may also share your personal information with third parties involved in the Program’s administration. Those parties, however, will not sell or trade your personal information and will use such information solely for purposes relating to the Program’s administration.
- You may change your personal information at any time by updating your Membership profile. To do this, visit www.capstonerewards.com.
Disclaimers: Limitations of Liability
- Use of the program and its associated benefits is at your sole risk. Membership in the program is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- Capstone and all of its respective affiliates, directors, officers and agents (collectively "Membership providers") expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- Membership providers make no warranty that (a) the program will meet your requirements or expectations, (b) the program will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, or (c) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained through use of the program will meet your requirements or expectations.
- Membership providers shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if a Membership provider has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (a) the use or the inability to use the program or any benefits thereof; (b) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered via the use of the program; (c) unauthorized access to or alteration of your the program data; or (d) any other matter relating to the program.
- Please note that some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental, consequential or other damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
This Agreement, and the respective rights and obligations of the parties hereunder, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without regard to conflicts-of-law principles.
This Agreement, including all documents referenced herein, represents the entire understanding between you and Capstone with respect to the Program, and supersedes any other agreements, statements or representations relating to the Program. Headings used in this Agreement are for reference only and shall not affect the meaning of any terms. By enrolling or using the Program, you are deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
This Agreement was last modified on December 31st, 2010.